19 May Equitone Architectural Importance
Equitone, which is a modern through-colored material made from fiber cement, is used in a variety of applications, especially in facades and when renovating the facade of any building including educational ones, such buildings impose specific demands on architects and planners which Equitone helps to meet. The following are the importance of Equitone in modern architecture and education:
- Importance to Architecture
Equitone that is being produced since the 1950s under the original name Eternit, has facade panels that show the unique, raw and untreated texture of the fiber-cement base material, for:
- Since materials are at the very heart of architecture, it is through materiality that we begin to experience the spaces and forms we create.
- Equitone is a modern through-colored material made from fiber cement, which is used in a variety of applications, especially façades.
- The Equitone panels can easily be made into a variety of sizes depending upon the desired façade modulation with the added options of being sanded, printed, perforated, glued or fastened.
- Equitone can be applied to a variety of building types and sizes.
- These range from dense urban squares and streets to rural landscapes.
- The Equitone panels showcase a spectrum of different material patterns and colors
- Projects constructed from Equitone panels range from private residences and pavilions to multifunctional buildings and festival halls
- They represent all varieties of cultural, environmental, and formal contexts in which the panels are applied.
- From monolithic, simple cubes to wildly folded, crisp geometry, the projects use Equitone panels to bring architectural ideas and concepts to life.
- Importance to Education
The importance of architecture in educational buildings showcase the importance of Equitone to education, for:
- School renovation and school facade play an important role in education that is vital for our society, for it creates the citizens of tomorrow.
- But when talking about education, it encompasses more than traditional schools and universities.
- Also kindergartens, day-care centers, youth-work facilities, community centers and residential institutions contribute to young people’s future and are affected highly by the quality of educational buildings.
- School buildings impose specific demands on architects and planners that Equitone helps them to meet.
- Besides safety and resistance, architects and planners also need to create a positive environment for young people to learn and develop, and all that with a minimal ecological footprint.
- Good architecture can support education by carefully planning educational buildings and school renovations.
- The facade is an essential part of any renovation concept or new building.
- As the outer skin of a building, it gives character to any educational institution but it also takes on some important practical functions.
- Importance to Planners and Users
Discover some astonishing school designs using Equitone facades, that are fun for both planners and users, and that showcase the importance of Equitone to planners and users for:
- Educational buildings are places of creativity and spaces to develop.
- Therefore, many planners want to see this creative character reflected in the design, all while remaining practical and functional.
- Also building users – staff and pupils alike – appreciate an attractively designed school, as they spend 170 days a year in these educational facilities, if not more.
- That’s why the looks of the building also need to appeal to its users.
- Rear-ventilated facades have the advantage that they are suited to renovate existing buildings.
- The Equitone facade cladding comes in trendy surface textures and colors, and planners can personalize it using various processing techniques.
- This offers planners unlimited possibilities to give any school building a stylish makeover.
- Importance to Kid Activity
Assuredly, educational buildings are intensively used, and often not only in the intended ways. So, when tried and tested to withstand even the wildest kids, the importance of Equitone to kid activity is showcased for:
- Equitone facade sheets are made of fiber cement, a lightweight composite material that is hard as stone and utterly robust.
- That’s why Equitone cladding has a proven life expectancy of more than 50 years.
- To make sure Equitone facade panels are resistant to school kids, the 12 mm Equitone boards were submitted to a ball-throw safety test (in accordance with DIN 18032-3, MFPA Leipzig).
- This clearly indicates that Equitone is safe to use in schoolyards and heavily frequented locations.
- Equitone [natura] PRO and Equitone [pictura] are also fitted with graffiti protection, to make sure that unwanted ‘works of art’ can be easily removed with a graffiti cleaner.
- The UV-hardened surface also makes the boards particularly scratch-resistant and keeps your building attractive for many years on end.
- Importance to Concentration
A good indoor climate contributes to concentration, and in that sense the importance of Equitone to concentration is showcased for:
- Research shows that the indoor environmental conditions in the classroom may have serious consequences on the staff and children’s health, effective learning and well-being (Dorizas et al., 2013).
- Therefore, a facade is not only a purely external feature, it also has a significant influence on the indoor climate.
- Equitone facade sheets can be combined with any type of insulation, keeping pupils warm in winter and keeping the heat out in summer.
- Needless to say, that this has a positive impact on the energy efficiency of the public building and on the bill for heating and cooling.
- Thanks to the ventilated rainscreen system, air can also circulate behind the facade cladding.
- This avoids humidity and effectively protects the inner structure of the building and the classroom from moisture, mold growth and interior water condensation.
- The extra skin around the building also contributes to noise control.
- Importance to Safety and Sustainability
Immaculate safety and sustainability showcase the importance of Equitone to these for:
- As for other public buildings, the highest fire protection requirements apply to schools and other educational facilities.
- To that end, Equitone is a very safe bet, because its fiber-cement facade panels are classified as non-combustible (A2-s1, d0).
- This exceeds the fire-safety requirements in most countries.
- Equitone facade panels are extremely robust and they do not emit any harmful gasses.
- This also makes them suitable for indoor use.
- School janitors will be very happy to have extra impact protection in the corridors with these Equitone facade panels.
- But the indoor use of these Equitone facade panels also creates additional creative possibilities for architects, for instance letting the external facade continue inside the building.
- Last but not least, environmental criteria are always part of a public tender for school renovations.
- Equitone is also a sustainable choice here, for its panels are composed of naturally available materials.
- Thanks to the Equitone facade panels’ strength and thinness, fewer natural resources are used to reach the same performance.
- Equitone is disassembly proof and recyclable, and produced with as little energy, water, transport and waste as possible.
Why don’t you favor OBRAS INTERNATIONAL to ensure a complete service package in a ventilated façade system in wood and fiber cement cladding. They also offer acoustic solutions for all kinds of projects that require a technical indoor conditioning and design.
Their products have defied intense heat, humidity and dry desert weather, as well as high-density snow and rainy areas in the mountains and their group of ace specialists has a noteworthy vision for craftsmanship and style that works perfectly when joined with the study plans. They propose plans, supply material, assist technically, supervise the work, and guarantee a quality finish.